Real Time Stamina Feature
Real-time stamina tracking is a feature that allows you to track and manage exertion throughout an activity to help you optimize your energy usage and avoid over-exerting yourself too early.
Using Stamina Tracking
Stamina tracking is available for running and cycling activities when heart rate data is available and a VO2 max estimate has been established.
Stamina Tracking Accuracy
To optimize the accuracy of your stamina data, make sure of the following:
Running Stamina - make sure that your Max HR is set accurately or that you have your Auto Detect for Max HR turned on. Your Running Stamina will become more accurate over time by recording new running activities with heart rate.
Cycling Stamina - make sure that your Max HR is set accurately or that you have your Auto Detect for Max HR turned on. Additionally, make sure that the source of your power data accurate and reliable. Your Cycling Stamina will become more accurate over time by recording new cycling activities with heart rate and power.
You can view stamina tracking by adding the Stamina Data Screen to the activity data screens or by customizing the fields in your existing data screens.
Stamina Data Fields
You can edit one of your existing data screens to display any of the available Stamina data fields:
- Current: Actual stamina displayed as a percentage, based on current effort
- Potential: Potential stamina displayed as a percentage that can be reached for the activity with active rest or recovery
- Distance Remaining: The estimated distance that can be covered at the current effort, rounded to the nearest half mile or half kilometer
- Time Remaining: Estimated time that can be covered at the current effort, rounded to the nearest 5 minutes
- Stamina Gauge (Dist.): Distance remaining accompanied by a progress bar and percentage value
- Stamina Gauge (Time): Time remaining accompanied by a progress bar and percentage value