Garmin UltraTrac Mode for Longer Battery Life
An ultramarathon (ultra distance) or extra long hike may require a decrease in track detail to ensure a sufficient battery life of the watch, while a normal activity may benefit from greater detail. UltraTrac is a GPS mode that decreases the update rate of GPS data to once a minute, providing much longer battery life while in GPS mode.
ANT+ sensors will continue recording while the device is in UltraTrac mode.
Uses for UltraTrac
- Multiple-day activities when you cannot charge your watch.
- When precise GPS is not needed.
- Conserving battery is more important than accurate tracking.
Using UltraTrac Mode
- Hold UP/MENU.
- Select or scroll to Settings.
- Select Activites & Apps.
- Choose an App.
- Select the settings for the App (for example 'Run Settings').
- Select GPS or Satellites.
- Select UltraTrac.