Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Surge Versus Fitbit Blaze (What is the difference?)
With all the hype around Fitbit and the ever growing category of Fitness Trackers, it's getting a bit complex to choose the correct model. Lets break this down into simple categories of Fitbit.
Fitbit SmartWatch Category
Fitbit Blaze Versus Fitbit Ionic
Like all Fitbit models, the Fitbit Blaze and Fitbit Ionic track sleep, track calories and track steps. Here are where these 2 models stand out but offer the same features.
– Both units track steps, calories, distance, sleep, & wrist based heart rate
– Both track workouts and exercises
– Both offer move alerts, offer daily goals and smartphone notifications like Texts, and more.
– Syncs with the Fitbit app (iOS, Android, Windows, web)3
Fitbit Ionic over Fitbit Blaze
- Ionic offers Music storage (roughly 300 songs / 2.5GB)
- Ionic has built in Glonass GPS where the Blaze you need to run with your phone for GPS Speed and Distance (AKA connected GPS)
- Ionic offers Fitbit Pay - (limitations to which cards are compatible & merchants) the Fitbit Ionic has an NFC chip, similar to the Apple Watch, and therefore it works with terminals that accept this form of cardless payment.
- Water resistant to 50M (no other Fitbit offers water resistant except the Flex 2)
Our 5 point review
- Fitbit Blaze is a cheaper alternative if budget is a factor
- Fitbit Ionic is has alot of great new features, however alot of this technology is not new to the industry and can be found in other brands for less.
- Fitbit Ionic is offers about 10 hours of GPS battery life, if using music less than 10 hours. Non GPS usage about 4-5 days.
- Fitbit Ionic is easy to set up, has preloaded workouts and sleek design and water resistant.
- Like Apple is to Smart Phones, Fitbit is still considered the industry leader in Fitness Trackers and has developed such a following of loyal clients whom will continue to purchase the latest and greatest. The Fitbit Ionic is clearly the best Fitbit has to offer and we give 4/5 star rating. Get yours here
Fitbit Surge versus Fitbit Blaze
The biggest difference between the Fitbit Surge and Fitbit Blaze is that the Surge has built in GPS, while the Blaze can use your phone's GPS.In order to dig into this further, we now have to assess the latest edition to the Fitbit Family which is the Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch with GPS.
To answer some common questions, here are some facts defining the models.
1. Both trackers use the same PurePulse™ Heart Rate Technology. - Continuous, automatic heart rate tracking right on your wrist—only from Fitbit.
2. Both have exercise shortcuts for: Walk, Run, Cycling, and Elliptical. What's important to keep in mind is that the Surge can use it's on-device GPS for Walk, Run, and Cycling; while the Fitbit Blaze depends on your phone's GPS to map out these workouts.
Some of the less apparent differences about the Blaze include:
-Call/text notifications and music control only require a single Bluetooth bond (Surge requires a separate bond for each).
-On-device FitStar workouts.
-The Blaze can control music volume. Fitbit Ionic allows you to internally store appox 300 songs so no need to run with your phone.
-The Fitbit Blaze comes in Burgandy, Black and Blue Colors. In addition there are Fitbit Blaze Leather Bands, Fitbit Blaze Metal Bands & Classic Replacement Bands.
Elevate your day with Fitbit Versa 2—the health & fitness smartwatch with Amazon Alexa Built-in, 24/7 heart rate tracking, Sleep Score, apps and more, all in a premium design. Special Edition Versa 2 includes a 3-month trial of Fitbit Premium. What's Included...
Meet Fitbit Versa 3—the smartwatch with everything you need to just go. Track your pace & distance—and leave your phone at home—with built-in GPS. Plus with Active Zone Minutes, 20+ exercise modes and 6+ day battery with 12-minute fast charging,...
The Ace 3 activity tracker for kids 6+ makes fitness fun for the whole family with motivating challenges and a long-lasting battery. Tracks Sleep Tracks Activity Swimproof
Meet Fitbit Luxe — A chic bracelet design, on-wrist tracking and in-app insights make Luxe the must-have wardrobe essential. From tracking sleep and activity to giving your mind a much-needed moment of calm, Luxe shines a light on your beauty, outside and...
Do what's best for your body with the Fitbit Charge 5 - Fitbit's most advanced fitness and health tracker. Combine it to connect the dots between your activity, sleep and stress so you can make the perfect choices for your...
Meet Fitbit Inspire 3 —the health & fitness tracker that helps you do what you love and feel your best. All you have to do is wear it.
Meet Fitbit Sense 2, our latest smartwatch designed to help you stress less, sleep better & live healthier. The Fitbit Sense to offers continuous tracking of your heart & activity lets you track your overall wellness. Get on-the-go assistance with Google Wallet...
Designed for fitness, this lightweight and comfortable smartwatch has Daily Readiness Score, Active Zone Minutes, 40+exercise modes and GPS. Stay connected with call, text and app notifications and get help on the go with Google Wallet and Maps conveniently on...
Fitbit Sense is the advanced health smartwatch that can help you tune in to your body with tools for stress management, heart health, SpO2, skin temperature & more.