Lifestraw Family High Volume Water Purifier
Safe, Purified Water for Home, Camping, and MoreThe award-winning, world-renowned LifeStraw Family 1.0 large volume water filter can filter out viruses from an incredible 18,000 liters of water (4,750 gallons) — enough to supply a family of five with clean drinking water for up to three years.
This gravity filter is easy to use. Just pour water in the top, and clean water comes out the bottom. And it comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies.
Lightweight and highly portable, LifeStraw Family is perfect for camping. It makes filtering water a breeze at base camps, while car camping, or when camping with groups. It's also great to have at home in the event of boil water advisories. In addition to purifying contaminated tap water, in a worst case scenario you can use the Family to remove bacteria, protozoa, and viruses from a fresh water source near your home with the LifeStraw Family.
The LifeStraw Family water filter has been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions. The same rugged design used in places like Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Pakistan and Bangladesh is now available for consumers in North America.
How LifeStraw Family WorksLifeStraw Family uses advanced hollow fiber technology. Water is forced through narrow fibers under high pressure. Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants are trapped inside the hollow fibers and are flushed out by backwashing — making this a highly efficient method of filtration.
- Hang top reservoir using included string, and let the hose hang down.
- Fill reservoir (scoop directly from a stream, or pour water into it).
- Removable pre-filter inside reservoir removes coarse particles.
- Gravity forces water down hose and through hollow fiber membrane cartridge where bacteria, parasites, and viruses are removed.
- Turn blue tap to release clean water out small hose on side of cartridge.
- Backwash filter by squeezing red bulb with both taps closed and then releasing dirty water from red tap. Do not drink water from red tap.
- Filters up to 18,000 liters of water to 0.02 microns (20 nm)
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.999% of viruses (>LOG 5 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.99% of protozoan cysts (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Requires no electrical power, batteries, or replacement parts
- Requires no running water or piped-in water supply
- Has an easy-to-clean pre-filter and purification cartridge
- All raw materials are US FDA compliant or equivalent
- Flow-rate of 9-12 liters/hour of purified water
Extended Holiday Returns
If, for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it to HRM USA within 45 days of purchase date subject to conditions below. Claims for items damaged in transit must be received within (3) business days of receipt of merchandise. Items deemed defective by manufacturer standards must be reported within 7 days of receipt.
Refunds & Credits Refunds on returned items will be issued to the same payment as tendered at the time of purchase. Once we receive and inspect the product you will be issued a credit back to your account. Please allow 5-7 Business days for a credit to appear on your account. If payment was made by check, the refund check will not be issued within 7- 10 business days after receipt of return.
Easy Return Process
Please be sure to place a note in the package with this information:
1) Order number
2) Reason for return
3) State that you would like a refund, or an exchange and what you would like to exchange for.
Our return address is:
HRM USA INC
Attn: Return Dept
1044 Pulinski Rd.
Warminster, Pa 18974
Or log in to your account by clicking here, and process your return online.
No Return/Exchange on the following:
– Hydration Packs, Water Bottles once any of the packaging has been opened or safety seals have have been broken.
– Computers and Computer Software, once any of the manufacturer's packaging has been opened.
– Heating Pads, once safety seal has been broken
– Electronic Software is not returnable or refundable once opened.
– All consumable items or hygienic items (e.g., Gels, Energy Chomps, Elixirs, etc.) once unwrapped or seal broken.
– Special Order merchandise, Clearance, or any itemindicated on the website as non-returnable.
– Imprinted products.
– HRM USA Stores Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
If the item is returned to us for exchange, please allow 2-5 business days for the replacement to be processed and shipped. All returns are shipped with our Economy shipping method and arrive within 2-10 Days.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, HRM USA reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee not less than 10% or a $2.95 minimum restocking fee charge.
If using a shipping label generated by HRMUSA Inc, the cost of this label will be deducted from refund amount (unless product is defective).
All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including the UPC code being intact) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals,and accessories. Defective items may be exchanged for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model. Please call us at 800-403-8285 for assistance. Please allow time to discuss any issues you may be experiencing as we may recommend tech support to resolve any issues prior to exchange. Any refused package will be assessed shipping charges incurred by the carrier.