Lifestraw Family High Volume Water Purifier
Shipping handling time is available on products that are In Stock.
Excludes Preorder Items, Out of Stock Items, Custom Imprint Orders.
Safe, Purified Water for Home, Camping, and MoreThe award-winning, world-renowned LifeStraw Family 1.0 large volume water filter can filter out viruses from an incredible 18,000 liters of water (4,750 gallons) — enough to supply a family of five with clean drinking water for up to three years.
This gravity filter is easy to use. Just pour water in the top, and clean water comes out the bottom. And it comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies.
Lightweight and highly portable, LifeStraw Family is perfect for camping. It makes filtering water a breeze at base camps, while car camping, or when camping with groups. It's also great to have at home in the event of boil water advisories. In addition to purifying contaminated tap water, in a worst case scenario you can use the Family to remove bacteria, protozoa, and viruses from a fresh water source near your home with the LifeStraw Family.
The LifeStraw Family water filter has been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions. The same rugged design used in places like Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Pakistan and Bangladesh is now available for consumers in North America.
How LifeStraw Family WorksLifeStraw Family uses advanced hollow fiber technology. Water is forced through narrow fibers under high pressure. Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants are trapped inside the hollow fibers and are flushed out by backwashing — making this a highly efficient method of filtration.
- Hang top reservoir using included string, and let the hose hang down.
- Fill reservoir (scoop directly from a stream, or pour water into it).
- Removable pre-filter inside reservoir removes coarse particles.
- Gravity forces water down hose and through hollow fiber membrane cartridge where bacteria, parasites, and viruses are removed.
- Turn blue tap to release clean water out small hose on side of cartridge.
- Backwash filter by squeezing red bulb with both taps closed and then releasing dirty water from red tap. Do not drink water from red tap.
- Filters up to 18,000 liters of water to 0.02 microns (20 nm)
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.999% of viruses (>LOG 5 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.99% of protozoan cysts (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Requires no electrical power, batteries, or replacement parts
- Requires no running water or piped-in water supply
- Has an easy-to-clean pre-filter and purification cartridge
- All raw materials are US FDA compliant or equivalent
- Flow-rate of 9-12 liters/hour of purified water
HRM USA is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase any product sold by an Authorized Dealer of that specific product offered at lower price. Proof of lower price is required.
Here's how to qualify for Price Match:
- Services such as custom imprinting, extended warranties, ect.
- Items must be in advertised as New Condition, HRM USA will not price match against Used, Newly Overhauled, Manufacturer Refurbished, or Open Box Returns
- Out of Stock or Preorder items do not qualify
- Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers (Marketplace Sellers) on Website
- Price Match will take into consideration final value costs, including shipping and taxes.