GPS Mapping Powerhouse with Android OS
The Monterra is a GPS navigator that is Wi-Fi enabled and uses the Android Operating System. Using Google Play you can get Android apps to help optimize the Monterra for your needs, including apps like PeakFinder, Constellation Charts, And Ballistic Calculators. Also access professional apps to bring your office to the field. The Monterra has the power and flexibility to be used in an situation.
- 4" dual orientation, sunlight-readable, durable mineral glass display with multi-touch interface
- Get Android apps on Google Play
- 8 megapixel autofocus camera and 1080p HD video with automatic geotagging, LED flash/torch
- High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver for better positioning
- 3D MapMergeª for multiple maps in 3-D
3D MapMergeMonterra is the ultimate mapping tool with custom 3-D mapping. Combine 2 maps, for example TOPO and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, then view both maps in 3-D. You'll see rich textures, such as hills, valleys, lakes and forests. Zoom in, pan out and rotate the 3-D map using multi-touch.
Quality PhotosMonterra includes a built-in 8 megapixel autofocus digital camera that takes vivid, geo-tagged photos for easy return navigation plus a 1080p HD video camera with LED flash/torch. You can download photos and video easily to your computer or for sharing through Garmin Adventures. Monterra has plenty of internal memory plus a microSDª card slot for up to 64 additional GB of memory.
Powerful Battery, Beautiful DisplayMonterra has a state-of-the-art dual battery system. You can use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included) or traditional AA batteries the lithium-ion pack charges when device is connected to external power. Its 4" color multi-touch display uses external light and sunlight in combination with the LED backlight to increase screen brightness. Plus, you conserve power by not having to turn on the backlight.
Get Your BearingsMonterra has a built-in 3-axis electronic compass with accelerometer and gyro, which shows where you're heading even when you're standing still (or not holding it level). Once calibrated, its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions. A built-in UV sensor lets you know your exposure level to sunlight so you can avoid sun damage, especially at higher elevations (5 percent increase in intensity every 1,000 ft of altitude) and on bright or reflective surfaces (snow, water, etc). And with its high-sensitivity, WAAS- and GLONASS-enabled GPS receiver, Monterra locates your position with more precision and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
Share WirelesslyWith Wi-Fi, ANT+, Bluetooth and NFC, Monterra lets you share your data, maps, waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches up to 50 times faster with other wireless compatible devices. Plus, you can share photos and data from field work through BaseCamp or by downloading directly to your computer.
Load Maps and Millions of GeocachesAdd BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required) and hit the trail. Add Trailhead Series TOPO maps and explore famous treks like the Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. Or, load up your GIS-based maps and go to work. Monterra can hold millions of geocaches. Download every cache on OpenCaching.com. Load caches from GSAK. Or get your favorite Android app on Google Play. All your paperless geocaching features will be there for every cache. Read full descriptions, hints and logs. View cache photos. Filter caches by size, terrain, difficulty and type. Connect to chirpª-enabled caches.
RadioNever miss vital information (or entertainment) with Monterra's built-in FM radio and NOAA weather radio with SAME alerts. Get watches and warnings related to your location. Listen with headphones or share with the whole group through the built-in speaker.
Plan Your Next TripTake charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes and tracks. Create Garmin Adventures to share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Mount It AnywhereWith an array of compatible mounts, Monterra is designed for use on ATVs, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the automobile mount for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV.
- Lithium-ion battery pack
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Anti-glare screen protectors
Physical & Performance
- Unit dimensions : 2.9" x 5.9" x 1.4" (7.48 x 14.96 x 3.63 cm)
- Display Size : 2"W x 3.5"H (5.06 x 8.93 cm); 4" diag (10.2 cm)
- Display Resolution : 272 x 480 pixels
- Display Type : Bright, transflective 65k color TFT, dual-orientation touchscreen; sunlight readable
- Weight : 11.7 oz (331 g) with included lithium-ion battery pack; 13.2 oz (375 g) with 3 AA batteries (not included)
- Battery : Rechargeable lithium-ion (included) or 3 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life : Up to 16 hours (lithium-ion); up to 22 hours (AA batteries)
- Waterproof : IPX7
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Interface : High-speed USB
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded maps
- Built-in memory : 6 GB (With Worldwide Basemap); 3 GB (With TOPO U.S. 100K Maps)
- Accepts Data Cards : MicroSDª card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations : 4000
- Routes : 200
- Track Log : 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Features & Benefits
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads)
- Electronic compass : Tilt-compensated 3-axis
- Barometric altimeter
- Camera : 8 megapixel with autofocus and 1080p/30fps video; LED flash; automatic geo-tagging)
- Geocaching-friendly : Paperless
- Custom maps compatible
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos)
- Area calculation
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units)
- Picture viewer
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- ANT+ connectivity
- GNSS support : GPS + GLONASS
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Microphone : Internal for audio capture
- Multimedia (audio/video) Support : MP3 player, video player, etc.
- UV sensor
- Android with Google Play for complete customization
If, for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it to HRM USA within Claims for items damaged in transit must be received Items deemed defective by manufacturer standards
Refunds & Credits Refunds on returned items will be issued to the same payment as tendered at the time of purchase. Once we receive and inspect the product you will be issued a credit back to your account. If payment was made by check, the refund check will not be issued
Easy Return Process
Please be sure to place a note in the package with this information:
2)Reason for return
3)State that you would like a refund, or an exchange and what you would like to exchange for.
Our return address is:
HRM USA INC
Attn: Return Dept
1044 Pulinski Rd.
Warminster, Pa 18974
Or log in to your account , and process your return online.
– Hydration Packs, Water Bottles once any of the packaging
– Computers and Computer Software,
– Heating Pads,
– Electronic Software is not returnable or refundable
– All consumable items or hygienic items (e.g., Gels, Energy Chomps, Elixirs, etc.)
– Special Order merchandise, Clearance, or any item
– Imprinted products.
– HRM USA Stores Gift Cards and may not be redeemed for cash.
If the item is returned to us for exchange, please allow 2-5 business days for the replacement to be processed and shipped. All returns are shipped with our Economy shipping method and arrive within 2-10 Days.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, HRM USA reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee
If using a shipping label generated by HRMUSA Inc, the cost of this label will be deducted from refund amount (unless product is defective).
All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including the UPC code being intact) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals,and accessories. Defective items may be exchanged for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model. Please call us at for assistance. Please allow time to discuss any issues you may be experiencing as we may recommend tech support to resolve any issues prior to exchange. Any refused package will be assessed shipping charges incurred by the carrier.