This LTE-connected smartwatch links you in fun ways to your family and friends and also provides peace of mind while you’re out doing your sport. Choose the plan that’s right for you.
If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, it can send a message to your emergency contacts with your location information3.
Use LiveTrack to let friends and family follow your real-time location and even view your entire preplanned course. Rest assured that your loved ones know exactly where you’re running or riding.
Get midrace motivation with audio5 and text messages from your family and friends.
DAILY SUGGESTED WORKOUTS
For training guidance that takes you and your fitness level into account, get daily run and ride recommendations based on your current training load and training status.
These free adaptive training plans feature guidance from expert coaches that adapt to you and your goals. Workouts sync right to your watch.
See how your workouts influence the development of endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic training effect feedback.
After each workout, the built-in recovery time advisor lets you know how long to rest before another big effort. It even accounts for all-day stress, sleep6 and daily activities outside of workouts.
Use this built-in activity profile to measure your running distance more accurately around a 400-meter track.
A new intervals data page and automatic classification keeps track of your fast and slow time, then separates them for you. Open repeats mode offers intervals structure with lap button control.
The PacePro feature helps keep you on pace with grade-adjusted guidance as you run a course.
This specialized tool takes into account your fitness level and training history to help you work toward your race goal and see the impact of training on your predicted finish time.
TRAINING LOAD FOCUS
This stat shows how your training load breaks down by categories of intensity and if that breakdown is balanced, focused or lacking in one or more areas.
This metric evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching.
When used with a compatible accessory7, Forerunner 945 LTE measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance and more.
Connect to a compatible Garmin power meter (sold separately) to work toward a more efficient ride with help from cycling dynamics, FTP and advanced training methods.
Whether you’re running the city streets or riding densely covered trails, Forerunner 945 LTE provides built-in mapping to help keep you on track.
CREATE MORE COURSES
Create courses in our Garmin Connect app, so you’ll never run out of places to run. Or plan one on other platforms such as Strava and Komoot, then automatically sync them to your Forerunner.
Use ClimbPro ascent planner on downloaded courses to see real-time information on your current and upcoming climbs, including gradient, distance and elevation gain.
Enter a distance you want to run or ride and get suggested courses that will bring you back to your starting point. Trendline™ popularity routing helps you find the best local paths.
PULSE OX SENSOR
This wrist-based sensor9 monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation.
BODY BATTERY™ ENERGY MONITORING
Track your body’s energy levels so you can find the best times for activity and rest.
MUSIC ON YOUR WRIST
Download your playlists from select music streaming services10 — such as Deezer, Amazon Music and Spotify — right to your watch. Forerunner 945 LTE can store up to 1,000 songs.
SMART TRAINER CONTROL
Control your Tacx® Smart trainer via ANT+® technology for course simulation, automatic resistance changes and workout prompts when you use courses or workouts from your watch.
Run with confidence. Forerunner® 945 LTE has the power of LTE connectivity (must have an active subscription plan and connectivity to a Category M1 LTE network), bringing phone-free safety and tracking features right to your wrist (Assistance Plus is not available in all markets where Category M1 LTE network connectivity is available). Should you need assistance, your watch can send your name and location to your emergency contacts or connect you to the Garmin IERCC, a professional 24/7 emergency monitoring and response center.
Loved ones can virtually cheer while they follow your run in real-time. While you run, ride and swim, get the most out of every mile with advanced physiological training tools.
Download music from select services (may require a premium subscription with a third-party music provider) to store on your watch for phone-free listening (when paired with compatible headphones).
Garmin Pay™ contactless payments (with a supported country, payment network, and issuing bank information) let you leave your wallet home, too. Full-color onboard mapping with Trendline™ popularity routing even helps you find and follow the best paths.
• LTE connectivity (must have an active subscription plan and connectivity to a Category M1 LTE network) enables phone-free safety and tracking features, including LiveTrack and Assistance Plus, a feature that connects you to the Garmin IERCC, a professional 24/7 emergency monitoring and response center (Assistance Plus is not available in all markets where Category M1 LTE network connectivity is available), plus you can receive messages from fans during your race
• Train for triathlons with run, bike and swim metrics plus multisport modes that allow you to easily do brick workouts and tri races
• Bring music for every mile by downloading from music services (may require premium subscription with a third-party music provider) such as Amazon Music, Deezer, Spotify® and more to easily store and play up to 1,000 songs from your wrist when paired with compatible headphones
• Train smarter with performance measurements adjusted for heat and altitude, track recovery time, predict your race finish time, monitor heart rate (this is not a medical device) underwater and much more
• Leave your cash and cards at home; Garmin Pay™ contactless payments (with a supported country, payment network and issuing bank information) let you pay for purchases on the go
• Full-color, onboard maps guide you on your runs or rides • Improved intervals feature includes a new rest screen, intervals data page and automatic classification that keeps track of your fast time and slow time, then separates them for you
• Measure your running distance around a 400-meter track more accurately with the track run activity profile
• Daily suggested workouts give you clear daily guidance designed to help you get fitter and keep your training balanced
• Battery life: up to 2 weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode, 12 hours in GPS mode with music and 7 hours in GPS mode with music and LTE LiveTrack
In the Box
- Garmin 945 LTE GPS Watch
- Charging/data cable
⚠ Ca Residents: Proposition 65 warning
Garmin Connect App
Colorful activity cards let you see all your vital statistics. Different colors represent each activity, so you always know exactly what you’re looking at. Tap in for more detailed information.
Garmin Connect is all about your experience and your goals. Customize the cards you want to appear on your “My Day” dashboard.
Whatever your device tracks, view it here. Monitor everything from your training status and VO2 max to functional threshold power and more to help you beat your goals.
Train for a 5K, 10K or half-marathon race with free expert coaching and a dynamic training plan that shifts, based on your goals and performance. Workouts sync right to your watch.
Garmin Stress Score
Pulse Ox at Your Wrist - App View
The Pulse Ox sensor on Venu estimates your body’s blood oxygen saturation level. Your Pulse Ox measurements are dependent upon a number of factors, including your overall health and fitness. Checking your Pulse Ox can help gauge how your body is absorbing oxygen. Turn on the feature to gauge your SpO2 overnight, or use it to take a spot measurement anytime to learn more about your body.
Advanced Sleep Monitoring - App View
Sleep is important to your overall health, well-being and physical performance. To give you an idea of how you’re sleeping, Venu tracks your light, deep and REM stages of sleep, along with movement throughout the night. For added insight, turn on the Pulse Ox feature to view your blood oxygen levels during your sleep. When you wake up, you can easily review and compare your sleep stats in Garmin Connect App
All-day Stress Tracking - App View
You most likely experience stress at some point in your day, but how much? Your Venu lets you know when you are having a calm, balanced or stressful day and everything in between. Tracking your HRV (the time interval between each heartbeat), Venu calculates and displays your stress level. There’s also an optional 'Relax Reminder' feature that you can turn on in the Garmin Connect app. If your stress level gets elevated during your day, it will provide a vibration alert on your wrist and display a message (“Take a moment to breathe?”) to let you know it’s time to relax.