Garmin Edge Explore 1000 Bike Computer
Shipping handling time is available on products that are In Stock.
Excludes Preorder Items, Out of Stock Items, Custom Imprint Orders.
Garmin Bike GPS computer for on and off road use.
- Incident detection¹ offers automatic or manual alerts to emergency contacts
- Connected features¹: instant uploads, incoming call and text alerts, live tracking, weather
- Input distance and other parameters and choose from up to 3 round-trip ride options
- Plan new routes to follow, on device or through apps
- On-road or off-road navigation with pre-loaded Garmin Cycle Map
When adventure calls, answer it on 2 wheels with Edge Explore 1000. Ideal for touring and adventure, this navigator has a preloaded Garmin Cycle Map with routable road and bike paths, elevation data, points of interest and address search.
Ride Off the Beaten Path
Round-trip routing can help guide your ride if you want to discover new routes in your hometown or when you’re far away from home and want to explore. Simply enter how far you want to ride, starting direction and elevation parameters, and Edge calculates up to 3 cycling-friendly routes.
Route Planning Made Simple
Create routes directly on Edge Explore 1000 using the preloaded map and points of interest. Or plan and download routes using Garmin Connect™ (desktop or mobile) or third-party apps.
Safer Cycling Environment
Edge Explore 1000 is the first GPS cycling computer to offer incident detection¹ capabilities via an integrated accelerometer.
Edge Explore 1000 is the first GPS cycling computer to offer incident detection¹ capabilities via an integrated accelerometer. In the event of an accident, this feature can manually or automatically send your location to your emergency contacts. It’s also compatible with the Edge remote accessory, allowing you to cycle through screens while keeping your hands on the handlebar. Another way to help create a safer cycling environment is by adding Varia rearview radar and bike lights, which are compatible with Edge Explore 1000.
When you’re exploring the world on 2 wheels, keep your phone tucked away from the elements and enjoy connected features like weather alerts and smart notifications displayed on your Edge. When paired with your compatible smartphone and the Garmin Connect Mobile app, Edge offers live tracking, incoming call, email and text alerts, social media sharing, weather, wireless uploads and sending/receiving courses. LiveTrack allows your friends and family to follow your rides in real time, from anywhere in the world.
Wherever You Ride
Edge Explore 1000 is compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites, so you benefit from more signal options, wherever your ride takes you.
¹When paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Edge Explore 1000
- Out-front mount
- Stem mount
- Edge remote with mounts
- Silicone case
- microUSB cable
Physical & Performance
|Physical dimensions||2.3" x 4.4" x 0.8" (5.8 x 11.2 x 2.0 cm)|
|Display size, WxH||1.5" x 2.6" (3.9 x 6.5 cm); 3.0" diag (7.6 cm)|
|Display resolution, WxH||240 x 400 pixels, touchscreen|
|Weight||4.0 oz (114.5 g)|
|Battery life||up to 15 hours|
|Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units)|
Maps & Memory
|Ability to add maps|
|Accepts data cards|
|Bike speed/cadence sensor||Yes (Some versions)|
|Heart rate monitor||Yes (Some versions)|
|Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)|
|Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)|
|Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)|
|Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)|
|Heart rate-based calorie computation|
|Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+-enabled power meters)||Yes (records data approx. 1 per second)|
|Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride)|
|Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)|
|Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)|
On-device segments: no
Wi-Fi compatible: yes
Smart Notifications: yes
Compatible with Garmin Connect Mobile: yes
Round-trip course: yes
Course creator: yes
HRM USA is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase any product sold by an Authorized Dealer of that specific product offered at lower price. Proof of lower price is required.
Here's how to qualify for Price Match:
- Services such as custom imprinting, extended warranties, ect.
- Items must be in advertised as New Condition, HRM USA will not price match against Used, Newly Overhauled, Manufacturer Refurbished, or Open Box Returns
- Out of Stock or Preorder items do not qualify
- Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers (Marketplace Sellers) on Website
- Price Match will take into consideration final value costs, including shipping and taxes.
If, for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it to HRM USA within 45 days of purchase date subject to conditions below. Claims for items damaged in transit must be received within (3) business days of receipt of merchandise. Items deemed defective by manufacturer standards must be reported within 7 days of receipt. Refunds & Credits Refunds on returned items will be issued to the same payment as tendered at the time of purchase. Once we receive and inspect the product you will be issued a credit back to your account. Please allow 5-7 Business days for a credit to appear on your account. If payment was made by check, the refund check will not be issued within 7- 10 business days after receipt of return.
If the item is returned to us for exchange, please allow 2-5 business days for the replacement to be processed and shipped. All returns are shipped with our Economy shipping method and arrive within 2-10 Days.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, HRM USA reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee not less than 10% or a $2.95 minimum fee.
All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including the UPC code being intact) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals,and accessories. Defective items may be exchanged for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model. Please call us at 800-403-8285 for assistance. Please allow time to discuss any issues you may be experiencing as we may recommend tech support to resolve any issues prior to exchange.
No Used Returns/Exchanges on the following
- Hydration Packs, Water Bottles once any of the packaging has been opened or safety seals have have been broken.
- Computers and Computer Software, once any of the manufacturer's packaging has been opened.
- Heating Pads, once safety seal has been broken
- Electronic Software is not returnable or refundable once opened.
- All consumable items or hygienic items (e.g., Gels, Energy Chomps, Elixirs, etc.) once unwrapped or seal broken.
- Special Order merchandise, Clearance, or any item indicated on the website as non-returnable.
- Imprinted products.
- Suunto Products that have been used
- HRM USA Stores Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.