Certified Refurbished Unit Covered By 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Sharpen your cycling performance with Edge 500, a lightweight GPS-based bike computer for performance-driven cyclists. Loaded with data, Edge 500 tracks your distance, speed, location, and elevation with high sensitivity GPS. Add an ANT+ compatible heart rate monitor, speed/cadence sensor or compatible power meter for a finely-tuned analysis of your ride.
- Low-profile bike mount attaches easily to your stem or handlebar; high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix satellite prediction calculates your position
- Edge 500 measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, and records this data for your review
- For extra-precise climb and descent data, Edge 500 also incorporates a barometric altimeter to pinpoint changes in elevation
- Courses feature helps you compare successive rides over the same route; other features include Auto Pause, Auto Lap and temperature readings
- Once your ride is done, use the included USB cable to connect Edge 500 to your computer and the internet to analyze your performance
- With a simple click, you can join a worldwide network of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts through Garmin Connect, a 1-stop website for data analysis and sharing
- Edge 500
- Bike mount
- AC charger
- USB cable
Jumpstart Your Training
The Edge 500 attaches easily to the stem or handlebars of your bike with its low-profile bike mount. The Edge attaches easily to the mount with a simple quarter-turn. When you're ready to ride, just power on your Edge, acquire GPS satellites and go. Edge 500 features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix satellite prediction to calculate your position faster.
Get the Data You Need
During your ride, Edge 500 measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, and records this data for your review. For extra-precise climb and descent data, Edge 500 also incorporates a barometric altimeter to pinpoint changes in elevation.
All Edge 500 versions work with third-party ANT+-enabled power meters to display your power output in watts as you ride. This valuable data shows you how hard you're working, regardless of conditions affecting your ride, so you can train smarter. Some versions also ship with a digital heart rate monitor and speed/cadence sensor.
Other helpful training features include a Courses feature, which helps you compare successive rides over the same route, as well as Auto Pause, Auto Lap, and temperature readings. Edge also alerts you if you’re moving, but the timer is not running.
Track Your Heart Rate
When paired with a heart rate monitor, Edge 500 tracks heart beats per minute and uses your heart rate for advanced calorie computation, so you know how many calories you're burning. Train in a certain heart-rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performance over the same ride.
Analyze Your Ride
Once your ride’s done, connect Edge 500 to your computer with the included USB cable to analyze your performance. With a simple click, you can join a worldwide network of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts through Garmin Connect, a one-stop site for data analysis and sharing.
Ca Residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning