Garmin Forerunner 620 GPS Watch
Arrives in time for Christmas!
Click For Details
Shipping handling time is available on products that are In Stock.
Excludes Preorder Items, Out of Stock Items, Custom Imprint Orders.
This product is unavailable
Never feel like you’re running along with your Garmin 620! It is like having your own personal coach right there with you every step of the way, tracking your progress, measuring your pace and checking your vital stats. You will never purchase a better running monitor anywhere!
The Forerunner 620, with its thinner, sleeker design, is one of two new Forerunner series to come out this year. There are MANY new features added to this watch from the former Forerunner 610. It comes in Black/Blue or White/Orange and with or without the new HRM-RUN The new features of this model over the Forerunner 610 are
- High resolution color touch display
- Water resistant to 50 meters (swimmable) : Although you can swim with this watch, it will provide no swim data
- 10 hour battery life (up from 8 hours) and 6 weeks in standby mode (Time of Day)
- 3 additional Heart Rate Monitor Metrics along with the Training Effect from the Forerunner 610
- VO2 Max estimate : Based on thousands of tests, this estimated value should be within +/- 2.7%
- Recovery Advisor
- Race Predictor : Based solely on the user's estimated VO2 Max, this feature will predict the user's times for a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon
- The new HRM-RUN strap functions the same as our previous heart rate monitor, but has an accelerometer built in to give 3 new Running Dynamics : Cadence, Ground Contact, Vertical Oscillation
- Just like the HRM-RUN and foot pod, the Forerunner 620 has a built in accelerometer. This is used to measure the user's pace and distance while running without GPS (typically indoors) as well as provide running cadence without the need for a foot pod
Advanced Running Watch with Recovery Advisor
- Touchscreen GPS running watch with high-resolution color display that tracks distance, pace and heart rate (with optional accessory)
- Calculates your recovery time and VO2 max estimate when used with heart rate
- HRM-Run monitor adds data for cadence, ground contact time and vertical oscillation (with optional accessory)
- Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social media sharing
- Compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect
It Knows Your PotentialIt's the next best thing to having your own personal running coach. Forerunner 620 offers advanced features like recovery advisor, race predictor and VO2 max estimate to help you train smarter and achieve new race goals. When used with the HRM-Run monitor, the 620 also provides feedback on running form by showing your cadence, ground contact time and vertical oscillation. For indoor training, the 620's built-in accelerometer tracks distance, so you don't need a separate foot pod.
Regardless of how long you've been running, you likely want to know how you can improve and objectively measure your fitness. Forerunner 620 does just that by estimating your VO2 max, which is a good indicator of athletic capability. Previously, the only way to know your VO2 max was by paying for a lab test. When used with a heart rate monitor, the 620 crunches several pieces of data, like your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate your VO2 max. The number itself indicates the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute, per kilogram of body weight at your max performance. A color gauge on the watch shows how your VO2 max data compares to other runners of your gender and age range. Based on your VO2 max estimate, the 620 can predict your race times for several distances. This can give you a time target for your next race, assuming you've completed proper training.
Rest Day or Run DayForerunner 620 takes out the guesswork when it comes to planning your recovery time between hard workouts. Just like a coach, it learns you and your physiology based on your heart rate data, so it factors this against your last workout and then shows how much time before you are fully recovered and ready for your next hard running workout. When wearing HRM-Run, the 620 provides a recovery check, which is a real-time indication of your state of recovery within the first several minutes of your run. When you've completed a run, the recovery time shows how long before you should attempt another hard workout. Color coding on the gauge makes it easy to interpret green means you're good to go. When you see red and a recovery time of more than 3 days, you might consider taking a rest day or just doing a light recovery run
Following Your FormThe 620 is the first GPS running watch that provides feedback on your running form by reporting multiple metrics. When used with the HRM-Run monitor, the 620 reports your cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time. These metrics are called running dynamics, and they impact your running economy. The HRM-Run has an accelerometer, which measures your torso movement as you run in order to compute these metrics. Cadence is the total number of steps you take per minute, left and right foot combined. Vertical oscillation is the degree of bounce in your running motion, measured in centimeters. Ground contact time is just like it sounds , the amount of time your foot spends on the ground during each running step, measured in milliseconds. A color gauge makes it easy to see how your running dynamics compare to other runners.
Get ConnectedThanks to its wireless upload capabilities, Forerunner 620 can send your run data to our online community, Garmin Connect, without being connected to a computer. It can transfer the data through the Garmin Connectª Mobile app on your smartphone. You can also set up one or more Wi-Fi hot spots, like your home and office networks, and the 620 will automatically sync with Garmin Connect when in range. Additional connected features include live tracking, which allows your friends and fans to follow along and see your stats in real-time. You must have your phone paired with the 620 throughout your run to use the LiveTrack feature. You can also share your victories on your social media sites by posting updates through the Garmin Connect Mobile app. And, for real-time coaching as you run, the 620 is compatible with free training plans at Garmin Connect. By regularly connecting your watch to Garmin Connect, you'll also benefit from a faster GPS fix due to satellite data that will be sent to your device automatically.
|Standard Bundle : $349.99||Heart Rate Bundle : $399.99|
|Forerunner 620 GPS Watch||Forerunner 620 GPS Watch|
|Charging/Data Cradle||HRM-RUN Monitor (Heart Rate / Stride)|
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions 1.8" x 1.8" x 0.5" (45 x 45 x 12.5 mm)
- Display size, WxH : 1.0" (25.4 mm) diameter
- Display resolution, WxH : 180 x 180 pixels
- Color display
- Weight :1.5 oz (43.6 g)
- Battery :Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life : Up to 6 weeks in watch mode; up to 10 hours in training mode
- Water rating : 5 ATM
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Vibration alert
- Watch functions : Includes date and alarm
Maps & Memory
- History : 200 hours of activity data
- Running Features
- Virtual Pacer (compares current pace to target)
- V02 max estimate
- Recovery advisor
- Race predictor
- Running dynamics
- Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod)
- Personal records
- Bike speed/cadence sensor (optional accessory)
Running & Cycling Features
- Heart rate monitor (Some versions)
- Foot pod (optional accessory)
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Calculates calories burned
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness)
- Customizable screen(s)
- Shock Resistant
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
Connected Features (Garmin Connect Mobile required)*NOTE: A phone with BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy also known as Bluetooth Smart) is required for the connected features to work. This is currently all iPhone 4S or higher and Android phones in the near future.
- Live Tracking : Allows people to follow you with live data in real time
- Upload activities wirelessly to Garmin Connect
- Social media sharing
- Pace Alert : This feature will alert the user when they fall outside a set pace.
- Wi-Fi : The user can now upload their data through a preconfigured hotspot
- Personal Records : The fastest Mile, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon and Longest Run are stored on the watch and the user is notified when any new records are accomplished during a run
- Extended Timeout : This can be set on race day to give the user 25 minutes before the watch times out and goes back to time of day
- Satellite Data Download : By connecting the watch through Wi-Fi, USB or Garmin Connect Mobile, 7 days of satellite data from all over the world is downloaded to the watch. This will make acquiring satellites significantly faster
- Downloadable Training Plans : Training schedules can be created on Garmin Connect and downloaded to the watch. The calendar on the watch will show you scheduled workouts and these scheduled workouts can be selected to run