Garmin Forerunner 220 GPS Watch (NOH)
Arrives in time for Christmas!
Click For Details
Shipping handling time is available on products that are In Stock.
Excludes Preorder Items, Out of Stock Items, Custom Imprint Orders.
Newly Overhauled Condition (refurbished) Comes with 1 year Garmin warranty
The Forerunner 220, with its thinner, sleeker design, is one of two new Forerunner series to come out this year. There are some big new features added to this watch from the former Forerunner 210. It comes in Black/Red or White/Violet and with or without a heart rate monitor
- High resolution color display
- Water resistant to 50 meters (swimmable)
- Although you can swim with this watch, it will provide no swim data
- 10 hour battery life (up from 8 hours) and 6 weeks in standby mode (Time of Day)
- Just like a foot pod, the Forerunner 220 has a built in accelerometer. This is used to measure the user's pace and distance while running without GPS (typically indoors) as well as provide running cadence without the need for a foot pod
Colorful Running Companion with Connected Features
- GPS running watch with high-resolution color display
- Tracks distance, pace and heart rate (with optional accessory)
- Identifies personal records
- Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social media sharing
- Compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect
A Coach in Every WatchForerunner 220 measures essential running data like distance, pace and heart rate. It's like having a coach on hand, providing constant feedback and recording all your stats so you can focus on your run. In addition to using GPS to calculate distance and pace, the 220 has a built-in accelerometer. This allows it to capture distance and pace data when you're running on an indoor track or treadmill, with no need for a separate foot pod accessory. The accelerometer can also track distance when GPS is unavailable, such as when you run through a tunnel. It's compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect, which you can schedule and send to your watch, for real-time coaching.
Easy to UseThe 220 is one of the first Garmin running watches to have a color display, which makes it easy to interpret your data at a glance. It also features simple button operations and a sturdy, hinged wristband that's comfortable for any size wrist.
Extra Training FeaturesYou can set up alerts for heart rate, pace or run/walk intervals to help you stay in the desired range. The 220 features vibration alerts and audible alerts, and you can customize your watch to provide both or just one type of prompt. When your run's done and saved in your watch's history, a post-run summary appears so you can see how you did. The 220 also notices if you hit any personal records on that run, like your fastest mile, 5k, 10k, half or full marathon or your longest run to date.
If you're like most runners, you want to analyze your stats after your run or race, but you may not be back at your computer right away. Forerunner 220 solves that by automatically uploading your data to Garmin Connect, our free online community where you can save, plan and share your activities. Just download the free Garmin Connect Mobile app to your smartphone and then pair your watch. When you save your completed run, it will automatically upload to Garmin Connect when you're in range of your phone. Additional connected features include live tracking, which allows your friends and fans to follow along and see your stats in real-time. You must have your phone paired with the 220 throughout your run to use the LiveTrack feature. You can also share your victories on your social media sites by posting updates through the Garmin Connect Mobile app. And, for real-time coaching as you run, the 220 is compatible with free training plans at Garmin Connect. By regularly connecting your watch to Garmin Connect, you'll also benefit from a faster GPS fix due to satellite data that will be sent to your device automatically.
Just like a coach, Forerunner 220 provides the motivating feedback you need to guide your training.
|Standard Bundle : $129.99||Heart Rate Bundle : $149.99|
|Forerunner 220 GPS Watch||Forerunner 220 GPS Watch|
|Charging/Data Cable||Standard Heart Rate Strap|
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions : 1.8" x 1.8" x 0.5" (45 x 45 x 12.5 mm)
- Display size, WxH : 1.0" (25.4 mm) diameter
- Display resolution, WxH : 180 x 180 pixels
- Color display
- Weight : 1.4 oz (40.7 g)
- Battery : Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life : Up to 6 weeks in watch mode; up to 10 hours in training mode
- Water rating : 5 ATM
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Vibration alert
- Watch functions : Includes date and alarm
Maps & Memory
- History : 200 hours of activity data
- Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod)
- Personal records
Running & Cycling Features
- Heart rate monitor (Some versions)
- Foot pod (optional accessory)
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Calculates calories burned
- Customizable screen(s)
- Shock Resistant
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
Connected Features (Garmin Connect Mobile required)
*NOTE: A phone with BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy also known as Bluetooth Smart) is required for the connected features to work. This is currently all iPhone 4S or higher and Android phones in the near future
- Live Tracking
- Allows people to follow you with live data in real time
- Upload activities wirelessly to Garmin Connect
- Social media sharing
- Pace Alert : This feature will alert the user when they fall outside a set pace.
- Personal Records
- Extended Timeout : This can be set on race day to give the user 25 minutes before the watch times out and goes back to time of day
- Satellite Data Download : By connecting the watch through USB or Garmin Connect Mobile, 7 days of satellite data from all over the world is downloaded to the watch. This will make acquiring satellites significantly faster
- Downloadable Training Plans : Training schedules can be created on Garmin Connect and downloaded to the watch. The calendar on the watch will show you scheduled workouts and these scheduled workouts can be selected to run. On the Forerunner 210, only simple intervals could be setup but with the Forerunner 220, a advanced workouts can now be created
- Vibrate Alert : The watch will beep and/or vibrate when an alert occurs. This is great for those running in large groups, with music or any other reason that would make it difficult to hear just the beep
- Run/Walk Alert : This allows the user to set timed interval breaks for running and walking. For example, you can set the watch to let you know when you have run 3 minutes and then again when you have walked 1 minute. Auto Lap will not be turned off while this Alert is being used, so you can use this Alert and still get your mile splits with Auto Lap set to 1 mile. Unlike how this was done in the past by using Interval Workout and having to set how many intervals you wanted to run/walk, this new feature has no set limit and continues until you stop the watch
- Auto Pause : If this feature is turned on, when you come to a stop the watch will be paused (the same as when you hit stop) and when you start back up it will start again. This is best used when you are running in a city where you may be stopping at many intersections.
- Auto Scroll : If this feature is turned on, the screens that are enabled will be automatically scrolled through at one of three speeds: Slow, Medium or Fast
- Configurable Data Screens : Whereas on the Forerunner 210 you had up to 3 static screens (you could not customize the fields being displayed), on the Forerunner 220 you can customize the fields on 2 of the 3 available screens. The heart rate screen cannot be customized. You cannot change the amount of fields being displayed per screen