National Nutrition Month
National Nutrition Month: Pledge a Healthy Lifestyle now!
National nutrition month has arrived and its time we all take a look at our diet and remind ourselves the importance of nutrition. A healthy lifestyle is everyone’s top priority, but how many of us actually work to attain one? Therefore, nutrition month is here to remind us to return to the basics of healthy eating and double our efforts towards the commitment of a healthy lifestyle.
The key to a healthy lifestyle lies in having a nutrition rich diet according to an individual’s requirement and regular physical activity. With the help of these fundamental tips, one can lead a good quality and healthy life. All you need to do is determine a lifestyle balance which will provide your body what it needs while still giving you some space to savor the food and activities we enjoy the most. You don’t need to ditch your favorite snacks completely or stop online gaming and go for a run instead. You just need to determine a balance, so that you can maintain a healthy life.
Considering your diet, the changes you need to make for a healthy lifestyle are:
- Add more color to your plate. By adding more color we mean, eating more fruits and vegetables as per your nutrition requirement. Each fruit and vegetable are rich in a particular vitamin or mineral, so you need a healthy dose of all to stay fit.
- Protein is vital for your body. If you are a vegan find ways to meet your daily protein requirements. Black beans or soy can be a great source of protein for vegetarians.
- Keep a track of your calories. Excess calorie intake leads to weight gain and numerous other health disorders. Therefore, keep your calorie intake in control.
Apart from maintaining a healthy diet, regular physical activity is also important. With our busy schedules we seldom give priority to daily workouts, when the fact is physical activity is as important as a nutrition rich diet for a healthy lifestyle. Consider the following changes to achieve a healthy lifestyle:
- Be an AM riser and start your day with a workout. You can go for a run, do yoga or pick cycling; whatever suits you the best. Be sure to commit 30 minutes daily to your workout session.
- Don’t be lazy. Skip the elevator and go for stairs whenever possible.
- Indulge in your favorite sport as a hobby and devote some time to it on a weekly basis. This way you will get to enjoy your favorite sport and stay fit at the same time.
This march, make a resolution to bite into a healthy lifestyle by adding nutritious food to your daily meal.