To use the connected features of the Forerunner device, it must be paired directly through the Garmin Connect Mobile app, instead of from the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone.
1. From the app store on your smartphone, install and open the Garmin Connect Mobile app.
2. Bring your smartphone within 10 m (33 ft.) of your device.
3. Select LIGHT to turn on the device.
The first time you turn on the device, it is in pairing mode.
(TIP: You can hold LIGHT and select to manually enter pairing mode.)
4. Select an option to add your device to your Garmin Connect account:
- If this is the first time you are pairing a device with the Garmin Connect Mobile app, follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you already paired another device with the Garmin Connect Mobile app, select Garmin Devices > Add Device, and follow the on-screen instructions.