End of summer ... Ideas to keep you moving
Summer is finally coming to an end and its almost time for bonfires, sweatshirts, and beautiful scenery for all of our activities. How many of you found yourselves uncomfortable in your skin this summer whether it was at the beach or a family gathering? Would you like to change that feeling? We believe anything is possible but if you want to change your life only YOU can do that.
So if you have made up your mind to start this journey of living a healthier lifestyle, but you're overwhelmed and are not sure where to even begin than this blog is for you. A lot of people don't know where to start or how to take those first steps but there are so many ways to live a healthier lifestyle. One of the tricks is to find a system that works for you. However, there are a few general tips that would usually work for anyone, whether you are brand new or an expert. Check out our Garmin Forerunner compare chart to see what is best for you.
Here are 9 Tips to Help You Reach Your Physical Fitness Goals:
1. Fit in exercise wherever you can. Leave all of your excuses at the door and fit in your routine where and whenever possible. This means that if you have to do push-ups in your room in the morning and jumping jacks before you shower, do them! And you can try some of the simple things like parking your car a good distance from the door of your business and that goes the same for shopping at the mall... It's those little things like taking the stairs and passing up on that doughnut with your coffee in the morning as well.
2. Make sure you stay hydrated. The importance of water is never stressed enough. If you have a hard time drinking water, try to spice it up by adding a little cucumber or lemon. Another great additive to your water bottle or thermos are Nuun All Day Sugar-Free Vitamin, Electrolyte Enhanced Drink Tablets
3. You get the most out of your training when you sleep properly. Proper rest helps the muscles to recover, which is very important. If you're an early riser or need to get up early to get your exercise routines before you start your busy day, adjust your bedtime accordingly. The last thing you want to do is deprive yourself of that much-needed rest!
4. A good workout must be combined with a good diet. High protein diets, with lots of wholegrain carbs, fruit and vegetables is a great way to go. Also, avoid sugary foods. Make sure to eat regularly as well. Shoot for 6 smaller meals to keep you energized throughout the day.
5. Set goals. Setting goals is a way to stay focused. This also gives you something to work towards, making it easier to reach physical fitness. Once you have reached that one goal, have another ready to go. Start with just 3 attainable goals. Goals do NO good if they are unrealistic for you. Goal-driven exercise regimens are the most likely to succeed.
6. Mix it up. Alternate your routines to ensure that workouts target all areas of the body and increase both strength and stamina. It is a great idea to switch between weight training, cardio, and even high-intensity workouts.
7. Train your mind and your body. Mental strength is just as important as physical fitness. On average, one would have to be mentally strong to reach their fitness goals.
8. Working with a training partner is a good way to push yourself. If you train with someone who has a fitness level tantamount to yours, it will add a bit of competitiveness and help you to motivate one another. Not only that, but you will find yourself less able to NOT exercise if you have a partner waiting for you to come along and participate.
9. Learning discipline. Keep yourself motivated and stick to your routines, as this is a huge part of being disciplined. Part of the mental discipline is to commit to the goal of getting fit. And just because you want to get fit won't make it happen. You need to set a series of goals that you can reach to achieve.
The important thing is that these tips aren't difficult to execute so anyone can join you. You can even make these family tips and include your children in the fun. Remember to stay hydrated and to keep track of your distance, time, and progress to make your journey worth the work you're putting in. With all of the new things, they are coming up with you never know if you'll end up going away to swimsuit weather for a wedding or family get together. What better time to make this change than before the holiday season when you risk packing on the pounds?
Bottom line...Just Start! and start toning that body back into shape. Remember after the summer, there are plenty of indoor water-parks around now that will let you show off that new toned body of yours in the winter. So what are you waiting for?