5 Tips for a Healthier Summer Cookout
Summertime is here and you know what that means: cookout season! At Heart Rate Monitors USA, we want to make sure that you and your family can enjoy healthy grilling at its best with some of this tips for staying slim and eating smart while at your next BBQ:
- Try using 95% lean ground beef instead of 75% lean and you’ll save 52 calories and 8-grams of fat for every 3-ounce patty. Plus, you’re not giving up on flavor!
- Cut the mayo in your potato and macaroni salad and instead, substitute in ingredients like light mayo, fat-free sour cream, or fat-free Greek yogurt with lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and dill.
- Trim calories on the coleslaw by switching to a vinegar-based dressing instead of mayo. It’s still crisp and refreshing!
- Skip the ice cream for dessert and instead enjoy fresh fruit or 100% juice pops! It’s still tasty and just cool enough for your summertime soiree.
- Pass on the alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, which add sugar and calories without proper hydration. Instead, serve up cold water with twists of citrus in it as a fun alternative to punch or margaritas.
What are some of your favorite calorie saving tips for healthier BBQs?