The Power of the Garmin FR70
Did you know that the Garmin FR70 is one of the most powerful and user-friendly, non-GPS fitness watches out there? As an update to the FR60, this Garmin watch features a new design as well as plenty of features to make any athlete happy. If you’re looking to kick start your New Year’s resolution with a brand new heart rate monitor, then why not take a closer look at the Garmin FR70? Here’s the scoop on this customer favorite:
The FR70, as we mentioned, is an update of the FR60. The new model now includes a tear-resistant band with encapsulated buttons, as well as options for both men and women’s styles. Just choose your preference on color/style and bam! You’re ready to go. Okay, not quite. You have to do a bit of setup – but that’s where things really get interesting.
Unlike other higher end GPS models, the Garmin FR70 is versatile and powerful without being overwhelming. Within the easy setup process, you’ll get acquainted with the features. Here are some of the things the Garmin FR70 can do:
- You can update the watch with firmware wirelessly for free – so you can stay up to date with Garmin’s new features and improvements without the hassle of a corded upgrade.
- You can wirelessly upload your workout to the Garmin Connect network.
- It’s water resistant up to 50 meters, making it
- You get 5 different customizable screens with up to three fields per screen. To put it simply: you see what you want to see and can choose from over 20 fields to display. Talk about options!
- Want to get running speed and distance? Just add on a foot pod.
- Want cycling stats? You can also add on a bike speed/cadence sensor to get speed, distance, and cadence on your bike.
Did we mention that this model of heart rate monitor is also water resistant up to 50 meters, making it ideal for triathlon training when used with a foot pod and bike speed/cadence sensor? Unlike the Garmin Forerunner 310XT, the FR70 does not have a multisport mode so a triathlon will show as 1 event in the summary and on Garmin Connect (the swim, bike, run and transitions will only be separated as laps). This makes it easier to train because you can see exactly what you did, when you did it, as a whole – not as separate sports.
If you’re ready to see the power of the FR70 GPS watch, check it out now on HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com.