25 Ways for You to Get Healthier in the New Year
There’s always something amazing about the start of a new year. With 2012 comes a clean slate and a chance to really put some effort into getting healthy and – hopefully – staying that way for a long time. If you’re thinking about a healthier lifestyle as part of your New Year’s resolution, we’d love to help out. Here are 25 ways for you to get healthier in 2012. The best part about our list? These things are all easy and accessible for just about everyone!
25 Ways to Get Healthy in 2012
- Drink a glass of water before every meal. You’ll eat less and stay hydrated.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park further away from the door at work, at the grocery store, etc.
- Make your yearly checkups.
- Start off each day by stretching for 10 minutes.
- Choose grilled or baked foods over fried.
- Eating out? Cut your portion in half and take the other half home with you for another meal.
- Meditate, even if it’s just for a few minutes a day.
- Breathe deeply.
- Laugh more.
- Concerned about your diet? Take a multivitamin.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
- Not a fan of traditional exercise? Find an activity you enjoy – you can find plenty of ways to burn calories!
- Cut back on the fats, sugars, and salt.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Keep a reusable water bottle (filled, of course) with you at all times to ensure you get enough water.
- Be conscious of your posture.
- Take breaks from working. Stretch or walk for a minute or two every hour if you can.
- Walk or bike to work instead of driving.
- Working out? Be sure to replenish your body with electrolytes and nutrients with PowerBars, electrolyte drinks, etc.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Make time to do the things in life you enjoy most.
- Get a massage.
- Take a fitness class, dance class, or consult with a personal trainer.
- Have more fun!