But, there are some things that we can do to make the most of the holidays and to keep things healthy amid all of the stress. If you’re looking to have a healthier holiday season, try some of these tips:
- Practice portion control. The holidays are a notorious time for overeating. Be smart with portions!
- Choose healthy meals. Load up on vegetables instead of starchy sides. Choose fruit over cookies. Water over eggnog.
- Squeeze in a walk after holiday dinner. It’s good for digestion and for getting your metabolism moving.
- Keep a water bottle with you. Staying hydrated is going to be key not only for your overall physical health, but also for fighting dry winter skin.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator while shopping. It’s something simple that can add a few extra steps to your trip, but it pays off over time!
- Make time to de-stress. Take a hot bath, meditate, read a good book. Just give yourself time to wind down after the holiday craziness!
- Breathe. The holidays will be wonderful – and everything will get done. And hey, if it doesn’t, that’s okay too!
Have tips for keeping calm during the holidays? Leave us a comment!