The holidays can be quite the stressor! So many things to do, surrounded by temptation, and so little time to squeeze in a workout. My, my, my – it’s the challenge of the year!
But, there are some things that we can do to make the most of the holidays and to keep things healthy amid all of the stress. If you’re looking to have a healthier holiday season, try some of these tips:
- Practice portion control. The holidays are a notorious time for overeating. Be smart with portions!
- Choose healthy meals. Load up on vegetables instead of starchy sides. Choose fruit over cookies. Water over eggnog.
- Squeeze in a walk after holiday dinner. It’s good for digestion and for getting your metabolism moving.
- Keep a water bottle with you. Staying hydrated is going to be key not only for your overall physical health, but also for fighting dry winter skin.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator while shopping. It’s something simple that can add a few extra steps to your trip, but it pays off over time!
- Make time to de-stress. Take a hot bath, meditate, read a good book. Just give yourself time to wind down after the holiday craziness!
- Breathe. The holidays will be wonderful – and everything will get done. And hey, if it doesn’t, that’s okay too!
Have tips for keeping calm during the holidays? Leave us a comment!