Heart Healthy Snacks to Keep Your Ticker Ticking
At Heart Rate Monitors USA, we want you to be as physically fit as you can be, but we know that’s not possible without a strong, healthy, and properly functioning heart! Your ticker is important to your overall health, that’s why we have some great heart-healthy foods for you to keep in mind when you’re trying to achieve a wellness-based lifestyle!
- Oatmeal: This yummy breakfast food is high in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which are excellent for your heart!
- Red wine: Everything in moderation of course, but red wine’s antioxidants are great to keep your heart healthy and beating!
- Beans: Whether Kidney beans, Lentil beans, or Garbanzo beans are your favorite, these legumes are a great source of protein. Protein builds stronger muscles, and can help build a stronger heart!
- Nuts: These tasty snacks are a great way to get your Omega-3 Fatty Acids in! The highest in these would be almonds and walnuts.
- Sweet Potatoes: These yummy substitutes for regular potatoes are loaded with beta carotenes, which are awesome for your heart as well as the rest of your body!
Have more heart-healthy foods that we missed? Leave us a comment below and share it with us!