National Kale Day: How this Leafy Green Can Help You Be Heart Healthy
Healthy eating or not, there’s one green vegetable that can make your life better: kale. In honor of today, National Kale Day, we have some of the most heart healthy benefits for you so that you can kick off October the right way!
- Not only is this tasty superfood a treat for many, but it is also packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Kale is filled with iron, which is an essential for your blood’s health. Actually, kale has more iron per serving than beef. This is also good for your heart too, keeping it in tip-top shape with the best blood pumping through it.
- It’s a great snack for when you’re feeling a little low on energy. Since it’s pumped full of fiber, Kale can keep you full for a longer period of time.
- Not only does kale make a great, healthy snack, but it also helps to fight inflammation throughout your body. This comes in handy if you suffer from arthritis, Crohn’s disease or any other IBD, and asthma.
- Kale has high levels of Vitamin K, which help to prevent blood clotting. This is especially healthy for your heart to keep it pumping regularly, efficiently, and without any problems.
- This delicious green vegetable has more vitamin C per serving than an orange. So when you’re feeling like you may be getting a cold, take the kale over the citrus!
Want more heart healthy facts and recipes? Visit our blog today at blog.heartratemonitorsusa.com!