Stay Healthy All Season Long
A refreshing nip in the air and fall foliage all around means that autumn is finally here and in full bloom. The holidays are right around the corner but so is flu season. If you want to keep healthy over the next few months, consider these helpful tips:
- Stay active! Being regularly active is an amazing immunity booster. There’s no better time to strap on that heart rate monitor and lace up those running shows than during the fall. The weather is brisk, the scenery beautiful, and now is the time to enjoy the great outdoors before snow shows its ugly head.
- Get enough rest! Not necessarily a tip that’s restricted just to the autumn season, but getting proper amounts of rest is the key to having a strong immune system all year long.
- If you’re prone to catching the flu, consider a flue vaccination. Flu vaccines are especially important for children, pregnant women, the elderly, and those with chronic medical conditions.
- Think smart when the holidays roll around! It’s easy to over-do it with food and drinks, but gaining weight can wreak havoc on your immune system. Counteract holiday treats with regular exercise!
- Get your fill of sweet potatoes! Sweet potatoes are the perfect super food for the colder seasons. Full of antioxidants; phytochemicals, vitamins C and E, folate, calcium, copper, iron and potassium, these delicious treats will help keep your immunity strong.