How Yoga Can Improve Your Stamina, Strength, & Overall Well-being
Have you ever wondered just how much yoga can increase things like your upper body strength, your stamina as an athlete, and your stress levels? Grab your Aurorae Synergy Yoga mat, and get ready to get into that warrior pose – because we have some awesome reasons why this exercise should be at the top of your workout list.
- Yoga helps increase your flexibility through a variety of poses. This can help to increase blood flow to muscles that haven’t been used in a while.
- Yoga helps to stretch muscles like your hamstrings, your hip flexors, and your shins, which can all become increasingly sore or tired from cardio exercises like running.
- Many yoga poses help to build strength not only throughout your core, but your upper body as well. Holding your own body weight during a yoga sequence helps to build muscles in those parts of your body.
- Yoga is also really great for your joints too. When you’re going through a yoga class, your joints are being used at their full potential – which helps to reduce diseases like arthritis from happening.
- Not only does it help out your joints, but your heart too! Increased blood flow to areas of your body that do not necessarily receive it on a regular basis helps to improve your heart rate and strengthen that ticker.
- In many studies it has been shown that yoga decreases the levels of cortisol, or the stress hormone, and helps to reduce other things like memory loss, depression, and fatigue.
- Practicing yoga helps to increase your ability to focus throughout the day.
Want to see our full range of Aurorae Synergy yoga mats? Visit us today at HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com!