Tips on Choosing New Running Shoes
You find yourself at a crossroads –do you keep your beat up, old pair of trusted running shoes or opt for buying brand
new ones? After you weigh the costs and realize it’s time to retire those trusty running companions, there’s a few things that you need to keep in mind. HRMUSA has some tips on find a brand new pair of running shoes that will be just as great as the old ones.
- Consider what kind of ground you’ll be running on the most – uneven, rocky ground or pavement. Then decide based on what you’ll be running through what kind of support you’ll need to keep your feet and ankles safe.
- There are trail running shoes and road running shoes. Trail shoes have a bit more traction and offer more support to your arches, ankles, and the rest of your foot. Road shoes are used more for those who will be running in an urban area and have a bit more cushioning when it comes to the heel.
- Consider what kind of ankles you have – are they weaker from years of running or are they a bit more supported? You also should know which way they roll if you were to stumble over something. This also helps you determine if you need more support on the outside or inside of the shoe.
- If you use a shoe insert or orthotic when you’re running, bring them along with you when you go shopping. Making sure that the orthotics fit in your new running sneakers is essential; along with making sure that the shoe leaves you a comfortable amount of room with them inserted as well.
- If you have a high or low arch in your foot, making sure you find a sneaker that accommodates that is also really important to supporting your foot. Make sure you find a sneaker that fits your arches comfortably.
Have any more tips on finding new running shoes? Leave it with us in a comment below, fellow runners!
Want to see what we have to offer when it comes to heart rate monitors for runners? Visit us today at HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com!