The smartest cycling computer with GPS
Available in May 2014
The Polar V650 cycling computer is the newest and best GPS enabled computer you can possibly use while cycling. It computes & displays various ride data like heart rate, speed, distance, and altitude. It navigates and delivers more accurate GPS-powered speed and distance data and syncs with compatible accessories like your HR strap. For devoted cyclists who want to analyze every aspect of their riding and boost their cycling performance.
- Tracks your ride with integrated GPS
- Lets you follow every detail on the large 2.8" color touch screen
- Gives you the most accurate altitude data with the built-in barometric pressure sensor
- Helps you understand your training load and recovery need
- Gives you instant feedback after your session
- Allows you to plan and analyze your training with the free Polar Flow app and service
- Compatible with the Polar Bluetooth Smart heart rate and cycling sensors
Built-In Front LED Safety Headlight
Probably the most unique feature on the unit is actually a front LED headlight. This light is designed not so much for illuminating a dark road, but rather to make you more visible to others. Thus, think more safety and visibility rather than darkness assistance.
GPS Integration & Barometric Altimeter
The unit includes a barometric altimeter within it, which will give you accurate elevation information while riding. It will also give you ascent/descent information as well as vertical ascent in meter/hours (VAM) information. VAM essentially tells you how fast you’re climbing.
Routing and Directions
The unit includes route navigation based on routes downloaded from Polar Flow. At launch, only route tracking will be available, route guidance will come in a later update. These routes are either routes shared by others, or past/historical routes. Note that at launch you will not be able to create your own routes on the site. Thus, the feature is kinda limiting. Initially the routes will be downloaded using your PC, but long term you’ll be able to do it with the mobile app (in a later release).