This model is no longer available from manufacturerplease click here for similar choices,
or call us at 1-800-403-8285 and have a sale representative help you with your selectionMulti-Powered Handheld Emergency Radio
Part #: WR201
The perfect addition to any family's, or individual's, emergency tool kit. The hand crank and solar panel make it easy to keep the LED flashlight, siren and radio charged up. A USB-compatible cell phone charging port is also included to make mobile communications easier. An AM/FM radio also includes weather band channels to get 24/7 emergency updates from the National Weather Service and other emergency agencies.
Stay prepared with this family emergency tool!
The perfect addition to any family's or individual's emergency toolkit, the Multi-Powered Handheld Emergency Radio helps you with any number of needs you may have when disaster strikes.
The hand crank and solar panel make it easy to keep the LED flashlight, siren and radio charged up. A USB-compatible cell phone charging port is also included to make mobile communications easier. An AM/FM radio also includes weather band channels to get 24/7 emergency updates from the National Weather Service and other emergency agencies.
- Hand crank supplemental charging - 1 minute of winding can power the radio for approx. 10 minutes. It would take approximately 50
- Minutes of continuous winding (2 turns per second) to fully charge the battery.
- Solar panel supplemental charging
- Mobile phone charger jack (mobile phones cannot be charged using solar panel)
- Headphone jack
- DC adapter jack
- NOAA Weather band channels
- For weather alert warnings, check out the Oregon Scientific WR202 or WR203
- AM/FM radio with volume control
- NationalWeather Radio (NWR channels 1-7 presets)
- Dimensions: 6.3 in. long x 1.8 in. wide x 3.0 in. high (160 mm long x 45 mm wide x 77 mm high)
- Weight: 10.9 oz. (308 g)
- AM radio: 520 to 1710 KHz
- FM radio: 88 to 108 MHz
Built in 350mAh 3.6V Ni-MH rechargeable battery that can store energy from either the solar panel, hand cranking, or electricity using a DC5V 500mA adapter (NOT included) - It takes 2.5 hrs to fully charge the battery by using a charger, that is not included.
Oregon Scientific WR201 Multi-Powered Handheld Emergency Radio$49.99
5 stars based on 1 review
July 27, 2012
I would recommend to a friend
Multi-Powered Emergency Radio
We have been putting together our household emergency kit and one of the last items was a hand crank radio. I checked reviews of a few and steered clear of some described as, "junk" Not the case with the WR201. We looked it over carefully, checked out the crank and solar panel for charging the battery.
The am and fm are clear and easy to use, it is also fun to set it to the local NOAA weather band.
We are well pleased with this radio and would gladly recommend it to anyone.
John & Eileen, Santa Rosa CA
5 of 5 found this review helpful
I love my FT7 heart rate monitor & calorie counter. I bought it a month ago and use it everyday. I ... read more
© 2001 - 2015 HRM USA INC. All Rights Reserved