GU Chomps offer a change of pace from gels and an answer to that moment in your run, ride, ski, swim, hike…. when you just gotta have something to chomp on. GU Chomps utilize GU Energy Gel's carbohydrates, amino acids, antioxidants and electrolytes in a chewable form.
What's in it?
How's it different?
- Carbohydrates - A balance of complex carbs (maltodextrin) and simple carbs (tapioca syrup and cane sugar) as the basis for delivering fast and usable energy.
- Amino Acids - The GU amino blend is included for added focus, rippin' energy and speedy recovery.
- Antioxidants - Vitamin C + E, those mighty antioxidants that combat tissue breakdown.
- Electrolytes - Sodium and potassium to restore electrolyte balance.
- Caffeine - Some Chomps flavors are caffeinated, some are not. We add caffeine for two reasons: It acts as a stimulant and it can lower the perceived effort.
Chomps are the only available energy chew based on the original GU Energy Gel. That means an optimized blend of carbohyrdates, the GU amino blend, and a full serving of Vitamin C & E. Chomps are the energy chew that perform as well as they taste.
How do I use it?
Chomps can be consumed before, during, and right after activity. A 2-serving packet will provide 180 calories and 60 grams of carbohydrates.