When you want a powerful Garmin GPS wrist unit, you want the Garmin Forerunner 610.
As Garminís first touch screen watch, the Garmin Forerunner 610 offers sleek features that allow for
you to touch, tap, and swipe your way to a higher level of performance. Set vibration alerts for pace,
distance, and hear rate and utilize unique heart rate zone training modules so that you can build up your
exercise intensity at a rate the meet your goals.
This Garmin GPS wrist unit also offers features like:
- Training Effect, a new feature from Firstbeat that indicates intensity levels for more efficient exercise (Optional Heart Rate Transmitter Required)
- Virtual Racer, so you can challenge your previous bests
- Compatibility with Garmin Connect, where you can share, store, analyze, and plan your runs
- Built-in workouts, courses, and a virtual coaching module that assists in taking you to the next
- Compatibility with GSC10 speed/cadence bike sensor or the foot pod
- Up to eight hours (training) or 4 weeks (power save mode) battery life
- Water resistance to rain, sweats, and splashes
Now these are just a sampling of the features the Garmin Forerunner 610 offers. If youre a runner or
cyclist looking to take advantage of Garminís latest exercise technology, this GPS watch is exactly what
youíve been looking for. Its touch screen design is user-friendly and its features are powerful. A must for
any serious athlete.
What's in the Box:
A Touch Faster:
Forerunner 610 gives you several ways to get in touch with your training data. The swipe and scroll action makes it easy to adjust settings, review your run history and more. A quick tap of the screen is all it takes to advance to the next training page so you can see more data.
The 610ís sleek touchscreen is as rugged as it is functional, proving itís more than just a pretty face. The 610 can stand up to rain, sweat and splashes, yet itís sensitive enough that you can operate it with running gloves.
Leader of the Pack:
Behind that smooth glass surface is a watch thatís ready to work as hard as you are. The 610 provides accurate distance, pace, GPS position, heart rateĻ, calories and more. It can even guide you back to the starting point of your run, giving you the freedom to explore new routes and always find your way back.
Training tools like the new Virtual Racer can turn any workout into a virtual matchup. This feature lets you race your previous bests or challenge any activities uploaded to Garmin Connect. Virtual Racer accounts for varying speeds and real-time conditions, so itís truly you vs. your opponent. Or, use the Virtual Partner function and see how you measure up to a static pace you set. Forerunner 610 also offers vibration alerts, which you can customize for time, distance, calories, heart rate or cadence. So, when you reach your targets, youíll feel a gentle vibration.
Training Effect (Optional Heart Rate Transmitter Required):
Itís time for a sport watch that can help you train smarter, not harder, and the 610 can do just that. Itís our first sport watch with the Training Effect capability from Firstbeat. Training Effect measures the impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness, which essentially helps you train more efficiently. Your Training Effect is calculated based on your user profile, your heart rate and the difficulty of the activity. The 610 also offers customizable heart rate zones, alerts and heart-rate based calorie computations.
Store, Analyze and Share:
When your workoutís done, Forerunner 610 keeps working. It wirelessly uploads your run data to Garmin Connect when in range of your computer so you can go back and review your run on your own time. It works via ANT+ wireless technology and the USB stick that comes with your watch. No wires, no manual uploads, no sweat. At Garmin Connect, you can see your activity on a map, view lap splits and explore activities from other users. Garmin Connect is Mac and Windows compatible.
Features & Benefits:
Physical & Performance:
- Heart rate monitor compatible
- Bike speed/cadence sensor compatible
- Foot pod compatible
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
- Virtual Racer (compete against other activities)
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation (Optional Heart Rate Transmitter Required)
- Training Effect (Optional Heart Rate Transmitter Required)
- Customizable screen(s)
- Shock Resistant
- Sport watch
- Watch functions include date and alarm
- Garmin Connect and Garmin Training Center are compatible with Windows XP or newer and Intel-based Mac OS 10.4.11 or later with Safari
- Unit dimensions: 1.80" x 2.50" x 0.56" (4.57 x 6.35 x 1.42 cm)
- Display size: 1.0" (2.54 cm) diameter
- Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixels
- Weight: 2.54 oz (72 g)
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: 4 weeks in power save mode; 8 hours in training mode
- Water resistant (IPX7)
- High-sensitivity receiver
- History: 1000 laps
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 100
Frequently Asked Questions
If the timer seems turned off on the Garmin product -
1. Make sure they are running the most current version of the firmware. Can be updated from Garmin's Website to their monitor.†
2. In the event of a race time being off, more than likely they have Auto Pause on and†it is stopping when they stop or walk slow enough, if they were stopping for water or walking there may be a few minutes discrepancy when using the auto pause feature.†
3. If the problem persists, please call Garmin technical support at†
?U.S. Toll-free 800-800-1020?
MonĖThurs 8 a.m.Ė6 p.m.
Fri 8 a.m.Ė5 p.m.
Central Time (Closed Holidays)
Lets will talk about the newest model of Forerunners to come out. The Forerunner 610.
This new model is Garminís first touch screen Forerunner unit. For any of you familiar with our Edge 800 cycling unit, this touch screen is similar to that. Unlike the typical touch screen devices out there, the Forerunner 610 is water-resistant and works well with sweaty fingers, in the rain and while wearing gloves.
The Forerunner 610 comes in black only and is available with or without heart rate (premium heart rate monitor). The cost is $349.99 without heart rate and $399.99 with HRM.
Some of the features of this new model are:
-Touch screen interface:
This is optimized to prevent accidental touches while running. It works with sweaty or glove covered fingers. The touch screen is NOT sensitive to rain or sweat, so will not switch screens during a rain storm and will still work with wet fingers.
The watch will beep and/or vibrate when an alert occurs. This is great for those running in large groups, with music or any other reason that would make it difficult to hear just the beep. This feature works the same as on our Forerunner 310xt model.
This is great for helping you pace a training run, tempo run or race. All you do is set the pace you want to run and you will be told how far ahead or behind you are by time and distance in real time. You can even change the pace during the run. One added change to this option compared to other models is that you can set an Alert if you go too far ahead or behind your set pace.
This is a new feature that is used to race against a set distance that either you or someone else has previously completed. It compares data along the way so if you ran 6 minutes for mile 1 and 7 minutes for mile 2, these are the paces with which you are compared. This is based off of a distance, not location, so you can race a marathon against a previous one you have done or one that a friend has done and they do not have to be the same marathon.
This is a new feature that allows the user to set timed interval breaks for running and walking. For example, you can set the watch to let you know when you have run 3 minutes and then again when you have walked 1 minute. Auto Lap will not be turned off while this Alert is being used, so you can use this Alert and still get your mile splits with Auto Lap set to 1 mile. Unlike how this was done in the past by using Interval Workouts and having to set how many intervals you wanted to run/walk, this new feature has no set limit and continues until you stop the watch.
This new feature measures the impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness. The watch will learn your aerobic fitness over the course of several activities with the value being between 1 and 5. The Training Effect value can only be determined while using a heart rate monitor.
Up to 8 hours in GPS mode and 4 weeks in power save mode (Time of Day screen). You will get approximately 1 week of battery life if the watch is used in GPS for 45 minutes a day and power save mode the rest of the time. You can shut off the watch completely to conserve battery life by holding in the Power/Light button.
You can change the sport to cycling and setup all the same types of alerts and screens like you did for the running sport. If you setup the cycling screens to not be hidden, then you can quickly jump between your running screens and cycling screens by holding in the Reset button while in the Timer screen with the Timer being reset to 0. This watch is compatible with the GSC 10 bike sensor.
-Data Recording: You have the option to use Smart recording (records key points where you change speed, direction or heart rate) or Every Second recording (This creates a very detailed record of your activity, but it greatly increases the size of the activity filling up your watch memory faster).
You can navigate back to a saved location (your parked car) or navigate back to start (this will redirect you in the opposite direction you ran to that point).
Some additional features:
-There is an optional Velcro wrist band accessory.
-The ANT+ Foot Pod is compatible for indoor running and cadence.
-Compatible with ANT+ weight scales and fitness equipment.
- There are 4 customizable screens of 1 to 4 fields per screen for both the Running and Cycling sports.
-Unlike with our past models, you can change a data field directly in training mode (No need to go into Menu, Setup, Training PagesÖ). By pressing and holding a data field, you will be given the opportunity to change the selected data field with any other data field option.
The Forerunner 610 would fall somewhere between the Forerunner 410 and 310xt. Unlike the Forerunner 310xt, the 610 is not waterproof and will not work with power meters.
Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Watch with Heart Rate$199.00
5 stars based on 2 reviews
December 22, 2012
I would recommend to a friend
Garmin 610 w/ H.R.
Links with satellite quickly, premium heart rate strap is very comfortable. Scroll screen takes some getting used to. Once you do, you have yourself a superior training tool. Great purchase with foot pod.
0 of 0 found this review helpful
July 6, 2011
I would recommend to a friend
Item fantastic, very good!
1 of 4 found this review helpful
I love my FT7 heart rate monitor & calorie counter. I bought it a month ago and use it everyday. I ... read more
© 2001 - 2015 HRM USA INC. All Rights Reserved