Sharpen your cycling performance with Edge 500, a lightweight GPS-based bike computer for performance-driven cyclists. Loaded with data, Edge 500 tracks your distance, speed, location and elevation with high sensitivity GPS. Add an ANT+ compatible heart rate monitor, speed/cadence sensor or compatible power meter for a finely-tuned analysis of your ride.
In The Box
Physical & Performance:
Maps & Memory:
Features & Benefits:
- Unit dimensions : 1.9" x 2.7" x 0.9" (4.8 x 6.9 x 2.2 cm)
- Display size : 1.2" x 1.4" (3.0 x 3.7 cm)
- Display resolution : 128 x 160 pixels
- Weight : 2 oz (56.7 g)
- Battery : Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life : Up to 18 hours
- Water resistant : (IPX7)
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Heart rate monitor : Optional
- Bike speed/cadence sensor : Optional
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
- Courses (compete against previous activities)
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation (Optional Heart Rate Monitor Required)
- Customizable screen(s)
- Barometric altimeter
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+ enabled power meters)
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride)
Jumpstart Your Training|
The Edge 500 attaches easily to the stem or handlebars of your bike with its low-profile bike mount. The Edge attaches easily to the mount with a simple quarter-turn. When you're ready to ride, just power on your Edge, acquire GPS satellites and go. Edge 500 features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix® satellite prediction to calculate your position faster.
Get the Data You Need
During your ride, Edge 500 measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, and records this data for your review. For extra-precise climb and descent data, Edge 500 also incorporates a barometric altimeter to pinpoint changes in elevation.
All Edge 500 versions work with third-party ANT+-enabled power meters to display your power output in watts as you ride. This valuable data shows you how hard you're working, regardless of conditions affecting your ride, so you can train smarter. Some versions also ship with a digital heart rate monitor and speed/cadence sensor.
Other helpful training features include a Courses feature, which helps you compare successive rides over the same route, as well as Auto Pause, Auto Lap and temperature readings. Edge also alerts you if you’re moving, but the timer is not running.
Track Your Heart Rate (Optional Heart Rate Monitor Required)
When paired with a Garmin heart rate monitor, Edge 500 tracks heart beats per minute and uses your heart rate for advanced calorie computation, so you know how many calories you're burning. Train in a certain heart-rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performance over the same ride.
Analyze Your Ride
Once your ride’s done, connect Edge 500 to your computer with the included USB cable to analyze your performance. With a simple click, you can join a worldwide network of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts through Garmin Connect, a one-stop site for data analysis and sharing.
I love my FT7 heart rate monitor & calorie counter. I bought it a month ago and use it everyday. I ... read more
© 2001 - 2014 HRM USA INC. All Rights Reserved